Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm Back!


Well, I'm not so good at the blogging. But a couple of Saturdays ago, I finished the 10K I had been trainging for. It was so much fun! And I did a better time than I had expected. Next, the half marathon??? We'll see. But for now, I'm just glad to have worked toward this race after never running and finished it well.

The day started off cool and raininy. But about 26,000 out of 30,000 people still showed up to run, plus thousands more spectators. The whole time I ran it was raining, which actually made it so much easier. We never got hot! There were bands, and food booths, and people dressed up in crazy costumes. In the picture above I'm standing next to one of the signs my roommate made for me. If you're ever in Richmond in April, you'll have to come out of the Monument Avenue 10k. It's a big event and it's a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home