Thursday, October 26, 2006

Twenty Five!

This week was my 25th birthday. And it happened to fall the day before the Eid (the Feast after Ramadan). Since everyone had a holiday, my friend came to town to visit. What a great birthday! And what a great way to end the month of Ramadan. Here are a few pictures of our time together.

Hanging out on the dunes.

E LOVES her DQ! We visited the biggest one in the world.

I almost couldn't make it in the door I was so excited about the ice cream.

Men here wear long white shirts called "thobes" which sort of look like dresses. So is this a man or women on the cross walk sign?

We went to the beach one day. Those crazy teenagers on four wheelers kept showing off up and down the beach. I thought they were going to run over us!

We went to the park during the Eid holiday and heard some traditional gulf music. The women are on sone side and the men are on the other. We're standing behind the women's side, of course, but you can see the men in white up on the stage performing.

I had some good American food for my birthday...Chili's! Here is my lovely birthday dessert. The birthday song was to the tune of "do wa diddy" and sung by a bunch of Filipino workers. It was pretty cute.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Mel said...

I thought the sign was a women at first...then i thought, you know maybe it is a man. Either way it works! how silly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home